Who is Harris Kocher Smith?
Harris Kocher Smith is a progressive, multi-disciplined civil engineering, land surveying and subsurface utility engineering firm with offices in Denver, CO and Fort Worth, TX. We encourage a collaborative environment with opportunities for each employee to learn and grow. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and vacation/sick/holiday pay.
What it’s like to work at Harris Kocher Smith
Every employee in the office has their own workstation with the latest versions of standard design software programs. Though remote or hybrid work is an option for many, the majority of our employees work in-office to enjoy the collaborative atmosphere they share with their teams. Our office environment is casual with room for discussion as well as focused work.
If you work in the field, your office looks a lot like a Ford truck. Teams are outfitted with updated survey or utility locating equipment. Regular meetings are held by managers to keep the communication between the in-office coordinators and the field crews working smoothly. Monthly safety meetings are a priority, too, as our primary focus for field employees is keeping them and others safe.
Our culture is one focused around the production of quality work balanced with healthy, active lives outside of it. Many of our employees enjoy recreating together in organized softball and kickball leagues. There is also an active company wellness program which every employee is encouraged to take part.
Training & Education
The firm encourages ongoing educational activities including:
- In-house land development classes for new graduates taught by Harris Kocher Smith leadership and managers
- Membership in professional and civic organizations
- Attendance of third-party seminars
- Employee tuition reimbursement program for employees participating in continuing education, refresher courses and specialty training
- Internship program for academically-accomplished college students with an emphasis in civil engineering
Current Job Openings
- Land Development Project Manager (Denver, CO)
- Civil CAD Designer/Drafter (Denver, CO)
- Land Development Project Manager (Fort Worth, TX)
- Survey Party Crew Chief (Denver,CO)
- Design Engineer, 2-5 Years (Denver, CO)
- Design Engineer, 2-4 years (Fort Worth, TX)
- Project Surveyor (Denver, CO)
- Project Engineer, 3+ years (Fort Worth, TX)
- Water Resources Engineer, 3+ years (Fort Worth, TX)
- Design Engineer, 0-2 Years (Denver, CO)
- Subsurface Utility Engineer (SUE) – (Denver, CO)