Who is Harris Kocher Smith?
Harris Kocher Smith is a progressive, multi-disciplined civil engineering and land surveying firm with offices in Denver, CO and Fort Worth, TX. We encourage a collaborative environment with opportunities for each employee to learn and grow. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and vacation/sick/holiday pay.
What it’s like to work at Harris Kocher Smith
Every employee in the office has their own workstation with the latest software applicable to their position. If you work in the field, you are most likely paired with one of our senior crew chiefs and your office looks a lot like a Ford F-150 truck. Employees work in teams and are encouraged to formulate creative solutions under the oversight of a professional engineer or land surveyor. Staff regularly organizes teams for summer kickball and softball leagues. We have an active company wellness program that where you might find yourself in a mid-day yoga class with your coworkers. The annual (unofficial) ski day is a popular January event. Speaking of January, that’s when we hold our official holiday party, because December is for friends and family.
Training & Education
The firm encourages ongoing educational activities including:
- In-house land development classes for new graduates taught by Harris Kocher Smith leadership and managers
- Membership in professional and civic organizations
- Attendance of third-party seminars
- Employee tuition reimbursement program for employees participating in continuing education, refresher courses and specialty training
- Internship program for academically-accomplished college students with an emphasis in civil engineering
Current Job Openings
- Civil Project Manager (Fort Worth, TX)
- Drainage Engineer: Entry Level (Denver, CO)
- Traffic/Transportation Engineer: Entry Level (Denver, CO)
- Survey CAD Technician (Denver, CO)
- Survey Project Manager (Denver, CO)
- SUE Technician (Denver, CO)
- SUE Utility Mapping Technician (Denver, CO)
- Civil Design Engineer: 2 to 4 year (Fort Worth, TX)
- Civil Design Engineer: 2 to 4 Year (Denver, CO)