Who We Are
Harris Kocher Smith is an employee-owned, multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in civil engineering design, forensic engineering, transportation/traffic engineering, water resources engineering, professional land surveying, construction staking and construction management services to institutional, governmental, and private clients in Colorado, Texas, Utah, and Arizona. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our work and our careful attention to quality control, timelines, and cost efficiency for our clients. We are looking for a Project Manager to help us start and lead a new office in the Phoenix market.
About This Job
As a project manager you will be responsible for overseeing land development projects for our clients in Phoenix. You will manage multiple projects, while providing outstanding client care. You will help procure clients and their projects and direct project engineers and designers in the completion of engineering tasks.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Independently manage multiple projects and ensure successful project delivery
- Communicate and satisfy client’s expectations
- Perform all project management functions including reporting and client invoice approval
- Forecast future workload, staffing assignments, and project budgets
- Assist with strategic marketing and the generation of proposals
- Mentor, guide, and develop a team of well-qualified engineers and designers
- High proficiency in all aspects of land development design and techniques
- Coordinate with staff, project consultants, clients, and review agencies
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- P.E. certification
- Available for site visits
- A minimum of 4 years of experience independently managing site development projects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Expert with all major technical aspects of Land Development Engineering
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret public agencies regulations and procedures
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS, CUHP and SWMM software functions and capabilities
- Ability to provide guidance to engineers regarding the proper application of software tools
- Construction Administration experience preferred
- Local market experience preferred
- Experience in single and multi-family residential development preferred
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Ownership Opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Employee Wellness Program
$100,000 – $150,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Apply at Harris Kocher Smith
All fields are required.