We are the utility locating and potholing department of a civil engineering and surveying company. We offer an excellent opportunity to advance your locating career to the next level with a true Subsurface Utility Engineering company.
About This Job
As a Hydrovac Technician/Potholer, you be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of a vacuum excavation truck. Successful candidates are self-starters and prioritize safety. Work hours can fluctuate and employees must be willing to be on-call, both during normal business hours and after normal business hours when necessary for safety reasons or work restrictions.
$22 – $28 per hour
Your actual pay will depend on your applicable experience and knowledge.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Operate and maintain vacuum excavation truck and related equipment
- Operate high pressure wand for excavation and vacuum system
- Perform basic mathematical calculations, take field measurements, and document daily activities
- 1+ year of experience with hydrovac excavation/potholing
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds periodically, walk for extended periods, and work in all weather conditions and climates
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Some travel within the state of Colorado may be required
- Able to pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screen
- Have a basic knowledge of various underground utilities, ability to identify surface features associated with various utilities a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety Procedures preferred
- Able to meet deadlines
- Good customer and communication skills
HKS Utility Services offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance programs
- Referral Bonus Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Apply at Harris Kocher Smith
All fields are required.