About This Job
We are looking for a candidate familiar with GIS and/or AutoCAD to assist project managers in with utility mapping and Subsurface Utility Engineering projects. Candidates will be required to research and compare maps provided by utility companies and prepare existing utility plans from survey data field notes and field sketches. The position requires drafting capabilities necessary to create finished existing utility plans in support of utility mapping and SUE projects and includes CAD work in AutoCAD Civil3D to generate plan sets. Candidates will need strong technical skills with the proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or GIS mapping software.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop existing utility plans from survey data, field notes, field sketches, and office review according to project manager and client specifications
- Produce existing utility plans according to company or client CAD/drafting standards using AutoCAD Civil3D and GIS mapping software
- Quality check all work and compare to maps provided by utility companies to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D or proficiency in GIS mapping software with a willingness to learn AutoCAD Civil3D environment
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with utility mapping, civil drafting, or GIS mapping
- Ability to follow and apply CAD/drafting standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Utility Plan Drafter Pay Range:
$20-28 per hour
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.