As a Utility Locator, you will use locate equipment to accurately locate underground facilities that include but are not limited to, telephone lines, electrical power lines, cable television lines, gas lines, fiber optic lines, water lines and sewer lines. Successful candidates should be self-starters, with the desire and ambition to work alone. Work hours can fluctuate and employees must be willing to be on-call, both during normal business hours and after normal business hours when necessary for safety reasons or work restrictions.
$22 to $28 per hour, based on skill level for SUE locating
Essential Functions and Duties
- Utilize maps/blueprints to interpret facilities to determine the presence of underground utilities
- Use locate equipment to accurately locate underground facilities
- Use laptop computer or other electronic devices to receive and document status of excavation notices
- 1-2 years of experience locating underground utilities
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds periodically in order to remove and replace manhole lids to properly locate buried lines
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Some travel within the state of Colorado may be required
- Able to pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screen
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Able to meet deadlines
- Good customer and communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety Procedures preferred
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Competitive Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Professional and Educational opportunities
- Personal Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness program
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Apply at Harris Kocher Smith
All fields are required.