About This Job
As a Utility Locator, you will use locate equipment to accurately locate underground facilities that include but are not limited to, telephone lines, electrical power lines, cable television lines, gas lines, fiber optic lines, water lines and sewer lines. Successful candidates should be self-starters, with the desire and ambition to work alone. Work hours can fluctuate and employees must be willing to be on-call, both during normal business hours and after normal business hours when necessary for safety reasons or CDOT work restrictions.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Utilize maps/blueprints to interpret facilities to determine the presence of underground utilities
- Use locate equipment to accurately locate underground facilities
- Use laptop computer or other electronic devices to receive and document status of excavation notices
- One year of experience locating underground utilities
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds periodically in order to remove and replace manhole lids to properly locate buried lines
- Must be hard working, dependable, and possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Some travel within the state of Colorado may be required
- Able to pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screen
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Able to meet deadlines
- Good customer and communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety policies preferred
HKS Utility Services offers excellent compensation DOE $18 to $28 per hour, based on skill level for SUE locating.
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.