As a Design Engineer, you will assist the Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Project Manager with SUE investigations and utility design plans. Candidates will be required to prepare existing and proposed utility plans from survey data, field observations, and utility records. The position requires AutoCAD Civil3D drafting capabilities necessary to create existing and proposed utility plan sets in support of SUE projects. Candidates will need strong technical skills with the proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in AutoCAD Civil 3D, attention to detail, critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify utility discrepancies, and communication skills to work with field crews and clearly relay information to Project Manager.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop and design proposed utility plans from utility records, survey data, field notes and sketches, office review meetings, and site visits.
- Produce existing utility plans and proposed design plans according to company, client, or local jurisdiction standards using AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Quality check field utility investigations and identify and resolve potential conflicts or errors.
- Attend utility review meetings with Project Manager and field staff to analyze source material and mapped utilities to develop and refine an Existing Utility Plan and report.
- Work with Project Manager to develop recommendations and observances for the client where supplemental field investigation is necessary.
- EIT certification
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with technical software including AutoCAD Civil3D and/or MicroStation platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle tight deadlines
- Knowledgeable in utility design, utility construction or installation, or land development
$65,000 – $85,000
Your actual salary will depend on your applicable experience.
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Employee Wellness Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Apply at Harris Kocher Smith
All fields are required.