About This Job
As a Traffic/Transportation Engineer, you will assist Project Managers with public and private projects in the Denver Metropolitan Area. Candidates will be required to research local design standards and prepare engineering studies and construction documents. We are looking for entry level engineers with an interest in roadway design, traffic engineering (including traffic signal design and preparation of traffic impact studies), utility design and coordination, and construction document preparation.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Assist project engineers in the coordination and preparation of traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrant analysis, traffic signal design, construction phasing and traffic control plans, signing and pavement marking plans and geometric design
- Assist with development of plans, specifications and reports as needed
- Assist with the production of construction documents including plans, specifications, opinions of probable costs and associated studies and reports
- Interest in roadway design, traffic engineering, utility design and coordination and construction document preparation
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- Possess or working towards the “Engineer-In-Training” certification
- Ability to become proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation, Synchro/Sim Traffic
- Ability to become familiar with transportation/traffic design standards including MUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Green Book, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, CDOT Design Guide, CDOT M&S Standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.