About This Job
We are looking for a Traffic/Transportation Engineer to assist Project Managers with public and private projects in the Denver Metropolitan Area. Candidates will be required to research local design standards and prepare engineering studies and construction documents. We are looking for entry level engineers with an interest in roadway design, traffic engineering (including traffic signal design and preparation of traffic impact studies), utility design and coordination, and construction document preparation.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Assist project engineers in the coordination and preparation of traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrant analysis, traffic signal design, construction phasing and traffic control plans, signing and pavement marking plans and geometric design
- Assist with development of plans, specifications and reports as needed
- Assist with the production of construction documents including plans, specifications, opinions of probable costs and associated studies and reports
- Interest in roadway design, traffic engineering, utility design and coordination and construction document preparation
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- Possess or working towards the “Engineer-In-Training” certification
- Ability to become proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation, Synchro/Sim Traffic
- Ability to become familiar with transportation/traffic design standards including MUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Green Book, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, CDOT Design Guide, CDOT M&S Standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Traffic/Transportation Engineer Pay Range:
$55,000-$65,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.