About This Job
This position is an opportunity to be a key employee in establishing the Traffic Control division for Harris Kocher Smith. The right candidate will be integral in the development of processes and procedures for the department and will have opportunities for advancement into a management role.
As a Traffic Control Supervisor, you will be responsible for coordinating with project managers to create, schedule, and implement traffic control plans for projects. You will oversee the day-to-day planning, design, installation, and maintenance of traffic control plans on roads, highways, and interstates in public and residential areas. Successful candidates must have current Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) certification.
Traffic Control Supervisor Essential Functions and Duties
- Apply traffic control concepts and techniques to plan, design, and implement traffic control plans
- Traffic Control Plan preparation
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Recognize, analyze, correct, and document deficiencies
- Set up and maintain traffic control closures for crews
- Oversee flaggers to ensure CDOT/municipality requirements are met
Traffic Control Supervisor Requirements
- Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) Certification (ATSSA or CCA) required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in temporary traffic control
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Some travel within the state of Colorado may be required
- Able to pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screen
Traffic Control Supervisor Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Able to meet deadlines
- Good customer and communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety Procedures preferred
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Traffic Control Supervisor Pay Range
$25 to $32 per hour
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.