About This Job
This position is an opportunity to be a key employee in expanding the Traffic Control division for Harris Kocher Smith. The right candidate will be integral in the development of processes and procedures for the department and will have opportunities for advancement into a management role. This will be a full-time position. You will typically work 40 hours a week; there will not be an immediate opportunity for overtime hours as a part of this role.
As a Traffic Control Supervisor, you will be responsible for coordinating with project managers to create, schedule, and implement traffic control plans for projects. You will oversee the day-to-day planning, design, installation, and maintenance of traffic control plans on roads, highways, and interstates in public and residential areas. The Traffic Control Supervisor must have knowledge of work zone standards, installation, removal procedures, inspection, and documentation. Successful candidates must have current Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) certification.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Apply traffic control concepts and techniques, according to current MUTCD standards, to plan, design, and implement traffic control plans
- Regularly walking the work area to review set up quality and safety
- Photo document Temporary Traffic Control zones after set up
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Recognize, analyze, correct, and document deficiencies
- Follow company and state guidelines for effective, safe, and well-managed temporary traffic control zones.
- Oversee flaggers to ensure CDOT/municipality requirements are met
- Set up and maintain temporary traffic control closures for crews
- Take down, properly maintain, and store equipment
- Valid Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) Certification (ATSSA or CCA) required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in temporary traffic control
- Able to create own traffic control plans, a plus
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Some travel within the state of Colorado may be required
- Able to pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screen
- Able to work weekends or nights if needed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good customer and communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety Procedures preferred
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry, place and assemble traffic control equipment (i.e. signs, barrels, barricades, and cones)
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions.
$25 to $32 per hour, dependent on experience
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Employee Wellness Program
- Company truck
- Company cellphone and laptop
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.