About this job
We are looking to hire an entry-level surveyor to join our growing field team. Working under the immediate supervision and direction of the Project Surveyor and/or Party Chief, you will perform fieldwork tasks related to boundaries, construction, and mapping requirements of survey projects. Although most of your time will be spent in the field, you will assist with uploading and downloading data and maintaining related records in the office. If not already able to proficiently use all survey instruments, you will be trained on their correct application and use.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Perform survey activities such as: leveling, traversing, topographic mapping, construction layout, as-built surveys, boundary surveys, profile and cross section surveys
- Perform physical tasks such as: line clearing, pounding stakes, setting monuments, and locating critical underground objects
- Maintain survey instruments
- Aid Party Chief in minor calculations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Entry level to intermediate knowledge of GPS and data collection a plus
- Must be hard working, dependable, and possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Some travel within the state of Colorado may be required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual with proven ability to work with others effectively
- Highly proficient in mathematics and measurements
- Highly proficient in construction procedures
$16- $24/ hour
Your actual wage will be based on your years of experience.
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.