About This Job
You will lead a crew performing construction layout surveys for public and private clients. As a crew chief, you will be responsible for the productivity of a very busy team as well as the operation and maintenance of survey equipment, taking field notes, data collection, and performing calculations. Involvement in the office will include reducing survey data, performing calculations, and copying and filing of data.
Essential Functions and Duties
• Direct field crew by assigning responsibilities and overseeing all work performed
• Perform survey activities such as: leveling, traversing, topographic mapping, construction layout, as-built surveys, boundary surveys, profile and cross section surveys
• Perform physical tasks such as: line clearing, pounding stakes, setting monuments, and locating critical underground objects
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 7 years of experience including boundary, topographic, and ALTA surveys, construction staking and data collection required
• Must be hard working, dependable, and possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license
• Clean driving record
• Some travel within the state of Colorado may be required
• Experience with T-Moss format a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Team-oriented individual with proven ability to manage crew effectively
• Highly proficient in mathematics and measurements
• Knowledge of survey ethics and technical standards
• Highly proficient in construction layout procedures
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Survey Crew Chief Pay Range:
$55,000-$65,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.