Who We Are
HKS Utility Services, LLC is the Subsurface Utility Engineering division of Harris Kocher Smith, a local civil engineering and surveying company. We offer an excellent opportunity to advance your career to the next level with a true Subsurface Utility Engineering company.
About this job
As a SUE Engineer, you will be responsible for the oversight of SUE investigations. This role requires an understanding of the utility designation process and knowledge of utilities and the design of utility systems. You will be responsible for the review of source materials (maps and GIS data) and mapped utilities in order to compile data for the creation of an Existing Utility Plan and report.
SUE Project Engineer Essential Functions and Duties
- Hold SUE review meetings to analyze source material and mapped utilities to develop and refine an Existing Utility Plan and report. Make recommendations and observances for the design team where supplemental field investigation is necessary.
SUE Project Engineer Requirements
- EIT certification, Colorado PE (or ability to obtain via reciprocity) preferred
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Subsurface Utility Engineering and/or Utility Design experience
- Local market experience preferred but not required
- Able to pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screen
SUE Project Engineer Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledgeable in the use of utility designation devices, ground penetrating radar and vacuum excavators.
- Experience with technical software including ArcGIS, AutoCAD and/or MicroStation platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle tight deadlines