About this job
As a SUE Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing projects SUE projects for the company. You schedule and manage utility designation and vacuum excavation truck crews on projects throughout the Denver Metro Area.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Monitor project scope, budget, schedule and quality control for SUE projects from the proposal stage through final deliverables
- Planning SUE crew schedules and coordinate with other departments to ensure the proper allocation of personnel and resources to meet project deadlines
- Field supervise SUE crews to ensure accuracy
- Train of SUE technicians in the theory of utility designating and practical application of designating methods
- Train and supervise SUE crews in utility designation (locating) and test holes (potholing)
- Coordinate with local municipalities to obtain proper certifications and permits for SUE work in their jurisdictions
- Provide oversight and monitor SUE activities to ensure assignments meet performance goals.
- Recruit, hire, manage, mentor and retain staff necessary to maintain and/or improve the SUE’s unit’s ability to produce a quality work product
- Maintain and develop client relationships
- Responsible for safety coordination and training
- Experience in SUE or related field (contract locating) supervising multiple SUE crews
- Experience managing utility locating and vacuum excavation truck crews preferred
- Able to work flexible hours (some night and weekend work be required)
- Local market experience preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience in designation of utilities using surface geophysical equipment including pipe and Cable locators, ground penetrating radar, and electromagnetic induction devices preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle tight deadlines
HKS Utility Services offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.