About this job
As a SUE Engineer, you will assist SUE Project Managers with SUE investigations and utility design plans. You will be required to prepare existing and proposed utility plans from survey data field notes and sketches as well as research and compare maps provided by utility companies. The position requires AutoCAD Civil3D drafting capabilities necessary to create finished existing and proposed utility plan sets in support of SUE projects. Candidates will need strong technical skills with the proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in AutoCAD Civil 3D, attention to detail, critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify utility discrepancies, and communication skills to work with field crews and clearly relay information to SUE Project Managers.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop utility plans from utility mapping, survey data, field notes and sketches, and office review according to project manager and client specifications
- Produce existing utility plans and proposed design plans according to company, client, or local jurisdiction standards using AutoCAD Civil3D
- Quality check all work and compare to maps provided by utility companies to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided
- Attend SUE review meetings to analyze source material and mapped utilities to develop and refine an Existing Utility Plan and report. Work with Project Manager to include recommendations and observances for the design team where supplemental field investigation is necessary.
- EIT certification preferred
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Develop horizontal and vertical utility alignments based on municipal requirements
- Able to pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screen
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledgeable in the use of utility designation devices, ground penetrating radar and vacuum excavators.
- Has a broad knowledge of utility types, utility functions, and how utilities are designed and constructed.
- Able to identify discrepancies, missing utilities, and gather utility information
- Experience with technical software including ArcGIS, AutoCAD and/or MicroStation platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with field crews and staff to resolve issues
- Able to handle tight deadlines
HKS Utility Services offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) benefit and employer match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
$60,000 – $75,000
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.