About this job
Under the direct supervision of a PLS, you will primarily prepare parcel descriptions, boundary surveys, and topographic surveys. You may serve as a lead worker to less experienced Survey Technicians and will be responsible for technical performance on small projects and/or designated tasks on large projects.
Essential Functions and duties
- Intermediate level of expertise with all major technical aspects of surveying
- Ability to prepare ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys and other boundary surveys, topographic surveys, subdivision plats, parcel descriptions, and exhibits
- Support field crews with the reduction of field data and the preparation of calculations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience including boundary, topographic, and ALTA surveys, construction staking and data collection required
- Knowledge of the standard application of surveying techniques and procedures
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D
- Experience with T-Moss format a plus
- LSI licensure a plus, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Highly proficient in mathematics and measurements
- Knowledge of survey ethics and technical standards
- Highly proficient in construction procedures
Your actual wage will be based on experience.
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.