About This Job
Harris Kocher Smith is looking for a Project Engineer with 3-6 years of experience in civil site design and project coordination. Candidates will be work closely with Project Managers to coordinate land development project activities, including submittals to review agencies and client communication. Advanced experience designing grading, roadways, stormwater handling features, utility improvements/pipe networks, and cross-sections required.
Civil Design Engineer Essential Functions and Duties
- Work closely with Project Manager to coordinate work for Design Engineers on team
- Coordinate land development project activities, including submittals to review agencies and client communication
- Develop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, engineering directives, and other data, according to client specifications
- Produce engineering plan sets and submit documentation packages while following standard operating procedures
- Prepare engineering studies
- Quality check all work and work of other designers to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided to engineers
Civil Design Engineer Requirements
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- EIT certification required
- Advanced ability in AutoCAD Civil 3D preparing a variety of site plans, land surveys, and topographic maps
- Ability to prepare calculations for storm drain, water systems, and develop earth quantities
- Ability to prepare grading, utility, and roadway plans
- Ability to follow and apply CAD standards
Civil Design Engineer Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Project Engineer Pay Range
$70,000-$85,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.