Who We Are
Harris Kocher Smith is a multi-disciplined land development firm specializing in civil engineering design, transportation/traffic engineering, water resources engineering, professional land surveying, construction staking and construction management services to institutional, governmental, and private clients in Colorado and Texas. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our work and our careful attention to quality control, timelines, and cost efficiency for our clients. We are a team of creative problem-solvers and thinkers looking for a highly motivated, responsible individual to work on civil land development projects in our Denver office.
About This Job
Harris Kocher Smith is looking for a Project Engineer with 4+ years of experience in civil site design and project coordination. As a Project Engineer, you will work closely with Project Managers to coordinate land development project activities, including submittals to review agencies and client communication. Advanced experience designing grading, roadways, stormwater handling features, utility improvements/pipe networks, and cross-sections required.
Civil Project Engineer Essential Functions and Duties
- Work closely with Project Manager to coordinate work for Design Engineers on team
- Coordinate land development project activities, including submittals to review agencies and client communication
- Develop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, engineering directives, and other data, according to client specifications
- Produce engineering plan sets and submit documentation packages while following standard operating procedures
- Prepare engineering studies
- Quality check all work and work of other designers to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided to engineers
Civil Project Engineer Requirements
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- EIT certification required
- PE certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Advanced ability in AutoCAD Civil 3D preparing a variety of site plans, land surveys, and topographic maps
- Ability to prepare calculations for storm drain, water systems, and develop earth quantities
- Ability to prepare grading, utility, and roadway plans
- Ability to follow and apply CAD standards
Civil Project Engineer Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Employee Wellness Program
$75,000-$90,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Apply at Harris Kocher Smith
All fields are required.