About This Job
Harris Kocher Smith is a 115-person professional services firm based in Denver, CO with a branch office in Fort Worth, TX. We are looking for an HR Generalist with 2-3 years of experience to assist with HR functions such as recruiting, onboarding, and various employee programs. Working closely with the Office Manager and other admin staff, you will help to coordinate and administer programs related to all employment activities, employee records, compliance with labor laws, training activities, and benefits and performance programs.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Performs responsibilities associated with functional areas that include employee relations, employee orientation and onboarding, staff/organizational development and performance appraisals, compensation surveys, job descriptions, recruiting, and hiring/termination.
- Develops and administers employee recruiting program.
- Administers new employee onboarding and orientation program.
- Administers benefit programs, consults with and advises employees on eligibility for insurance and other benefits. Maintains benefit records and prepares documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage.
- Recommends and coordinates employee events and recognition.
- Advises Managers of policies regarding the Company’s philosophy, objectives and practices, and training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, and maintaining a positive and inclusive workspace environment.
- Receives and acts on employee complaints; works with Managers and addresses employee relations issues including conflict resolution and workplace investigations and provides guidance and documentation related to disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Develops and manages various personnel policies, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Recommends modifications to existing policies/procedures to promote workforce efficiency or develops new HR programs and/or initiatives.
- Administers confidential employee records and files, and maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Fosters a team-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, cooperation, accountability, and client service.
- Develops and implements company wellness program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant HR experience
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize assignments, maintain confidential information, and work well with others
- Must possess good verbal and writing skills as well as problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
HR Generalist Pay Range:
$60,000-$75,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.