Harris Kocher Smith is a multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in civil engineering design, forensic engineering, transportation/traffic engineering, water resources engineering, professional land surveying, construction staking, SUE and construction management services to institutional, governmental, and private clients in Colorado and Texas. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our work and our careful attention to quality control, timelines, and cost efficiency for our clients. We are a team of creative problem-solvers and thinkers looking for a highly-motivated, responsible individual to work on utility mapping and subsurface utility engineering (SUE) projects in our Denver office.
About This Job
You will assist project managers in a fast-paced environment with utility mapping and SUE projects. Candidates will be required to research and compare maps provided by utility companies and prepare existing utility plans from survey data field notes and field sketches. The position requires drafting capabilities necessary to create finished existing utility plans in support of utility mapping and SUE projects and includes CAD work in AutoCAD Civil3D to generate plan sets. Candidates will need strong technical skills with the proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or related mapping software.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop existing utility plans from survey data, field notes, field sketches, and office review according to project manager and client specifications
- Produce existing and proposed utility plans according to company or client CAD/drafting standards using AutoCAD Civil3D and GIS mapping software
- Quality check all work and compare to maps provided by utility companies to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided
- Has a broad knowledge base of utility types, utility functions, and how utilities are designed and constructed
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D or proficiency in GIS mapping software with a willingness to learn AutoCAD Civil3D environment
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience with utility mapping or civil drafting
- Ability to prepare plans based on survey field notes and sketches
- Ability to follow and apply CAD/drafting standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers
- Detail-orientated. Being able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively with field crews and staff to resolve issues and complete a plan.
$55,000 – $70,000
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) benefit and employer match
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program