About This Job
We are looking for a highly qualified, experienced utility coordinator with established contacts in the industry in the Denver area to function as a liaison between all design team members and utility companies. As a part of the Utility Coordination team, you will function as a knowledgeable point of contact between the project engineers, our clients, other consultants and the utility companies while providing due diligence, planning, and utility coordination services. Candidates must have a proven track record of successful project management.
Dry Utility Coordinator Essential Functions and Duties
- Compile due diligence reports including reporting of existing service capacities and ability for expansion
- Provide up-front planning and consulting of the dry utilities including the coordination of the demo and relocation of existing facilities, coordinate joint trench opportunities of electric, gas, telephone and cable TV for the on-site/off-site utility systems as they serve the project site
- Review all dry utility designs for value and efficiency
- Identify and flag issues, such as secondary impacts on existing utilities if project design changes
- Attend pre-design meetings with the electric, gas, phone and CATV utility companies to coordinate the routing of permanent designs and review any possible conflicts based on construction plans
- Provide coordination services with the owner, architect, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, civil engineer, landscape architect, utility companies or other agencies having jurisdiction
- Keep project team informed about potential conflicts, status of utility inquiries, and bring in utility reps as needed when utility issues are discussed, while ensuring there are no gaps or loose ends in the process
- Draft dry utility plans, sleeving plans, relocation and demo plans using AutoCAD software.
Dry Utility Coordinator Requirements
- Prior employment with utility provider, such as Xcel Energy, strongly preferred
- Ability to review and interpret architectural/engineering plans/drawings
- Basic knowledge and or the willingness to learn AutoCAD strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience as utility coordinator and/or designer
Dry Utility Coordinator Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Dry Utility Coordinator Pay Range:
$24-32 per hour
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.