About This Job
Harris Kocher Smith is looking for a Drainage Project Engineer with 1+ years of local engineering experience working with Denver Metro Area municipalities, private developers, and Mile High Flood District. As a Water Resources Engineer / Drainage Project Engineer you will be involved with daily tasks including design and coordination with in-house teams, clients, and municipalities. You will be responsible for designing grading and drainage plans, detention and water quality ponds, storm water handling features, utility improvements, pipe networks, and cross-sections and profiles.
Drainage Project Engineer Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop drainage studies and reports, hydrologic and hydraulic calculations, designs and drawings according to client specifications and Project Manager direction
- Produce engineering plan sets, specifications, and submit documentation packages while following HKS standard operating procedures and applicable local, state, and federal requirements
- Quality check all work and work of other designers to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided to engineers
Drainage Project Engineer Requirements
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- 1+ years of drainage experience, local Denver experience, a plus
- Advanced ability in AutoCAD Civil 3D preparing a variety of grading and drainage plans for construction
- Advanced experience with calculations for storm sewer drains and detention and water quality ponds
- Proficiency with MHFD Design Workbooks and Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling software (HEC-RAS, SWMM, CUHP)
- Proficiency with HEC-RAS
- Proficiency with CLOMRs/LOMRs
Drainage Project Engineer Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple Project Managers
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
- Able to follow and apply CAD standards
- Colorado Professional Engineer Certification (or ability to acquire reciprocal license) preferred
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Employee Wellness Program
$68,000-$90,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.