About This Job
HKS is looking for an entry level to 5 year project drainage engineer interested in developing local engineering experience working with Denver Metro Area municipalities, private developers, and Mile High Flood District. You will assist Project Managers and other Project Engineers in a fast-paced environment with a variety of projects focused on stormwater drainage. Candidates will be required to efficiently research local design standards and prepare engineering calculations and construction documents. Qualified candidates will be responsible for assisting with grading and drainage plans, detention and water quality ponds, stormwater handling features, utility improvements, pipe networks, profiles, and cross-sections.
Drainage Project Engineer Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop drainage studies and reports, hydrologic and hydraulic calculations, designs and drawings according to client specifications and Project Manager direction
- Produce engineering plan sets, specifications, and submit documentation packages while following HKS standard operating procedures and applicable local, state, and federal requirements
- Quality check all work and work of other designers to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided to engineers
Drainage Project Engineer Requirements
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- Colorado FE (EIT) certification required, or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Entry level to 5 years of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to follow and apply CAD standards
- Ability to prepare calculations and reports using excel spreadsheet and Microsoft word processing software
- Exposure to Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling software (TR-55, HEC-RAS, SWMM, CUHP)
Drainage Project Engineer Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Drainage Project Engineer Pay Range:
$50,000-$85,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.