Harris Kocher Smith is looking for a Water Resource Engineer (Drainage Design Engineer) to work on land development projects for private and public clients. This position has the opportunity to be remote, hybrid, or in office.
About This Job
As a Water Resources Engineer, you will assist the team with delivery on a variety of projects. In this role the right candidate will be involved with daily tasks including design and coordination with in-house teams, clients, and municipalities. This role provides the training and development of skills that lead a candidate towards project management. Advanced experience designing grading and drainage plans, detention and water quality ponds, stormwater handling features, utility improvements, pipe networks, and cross-sections and profiles is required.
Water Resources Engineer Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop drainage studies and reports, hydrologic and hydraulic calculations, designs and drawings according to client specifications and Project Manager direction
- Produce engineering plan sets, specifications, and submit documentation packages while following HKS standard operating procedures and applicable local, state, and federal requirements
- Quality check all work and work of other designers to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided to engineers
Drainage Project Engineer Requirements
- B.S. in Engineering degree from an accredited school
- 1+ year of applicable drainage experience, local Denver experience, a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D preparing a variety of grading and drainage plans for construction
- Proficienct with calculations for storm sewer drains, detention, and water quality ponds
- Proficiency with MHFD Design Workbooks and Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling software (HEC-RAS, SWMM, CUHP)
- Experience with CLOMRs/LOMRs
- Colorado EIT Certification (or ability to acquire) preferred
Drainage Project Engineer Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple Project Managers
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Employee Wellness Program
$70,000-$95,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Apply at Harris Kocher Smith
All fields are required.