About This Job
Are you a dynamic, driven individual with contacts in the AEC industry in North Texas? We want to talk to you! HKS is looking for a Director of Business Development to source and secure opportunities to provide civil engineering services for public and private clients. You will be responsible for the coordination and execution of sales and marketing efforts and will be expected to meet or exceed yearly new business goals.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Research and identify developers, contact decision makers within their organizations, analyze their needs and requirements, and set up in-person meetings.
- Develop and build relationships with prospective developers, end-users, brokers, architects, and contractors.
- Business development activities may include making cold calls, networking, attending trade shows/conferences and preparing marketing materials for sales presentations.
- Maintain an updated target list of prospects and monitor the activities to convert them from prospects to clients.
- Report business development efforts and activities weekly.
- Work closely with the management team to develop and execute yearly new business plans.
- Minimum of five years of experience within the fields of engineering, architecture or construction in roles such as business development/sales, brokerage, development or construction management.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills required. Samples of work will be requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 20% travel required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail.
- Highly motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who can work independently and in a team setting.
- Strong sales acumen. Personal network of contacts preferred.
- Sound proficiency and knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Compensation includes a base salary and bonus, based on experience and performance.
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.