About This Job
We are looking for an entry level to 4 year engineer to assist project managers and project engineers in a fast-paced environment with land development engineering projects. Candidates will be required to research local design standards as well as prepare engineering documents. Some experience designing grading, roadways, stormwater handling features, utility improvements /pipe networks, and cross-sections and profiles preferred for more experienced candidates.
Civil Design Engineer Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, engineering directives, and other data, according to client specifications
- Produce engineering plan sets and submit documentation packages while following standard operating procedures
- Quality check all work and work of other designers to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided to engineers
Civil Design Engineer Requirements
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- EIT certification preferred but not required
- Entry level to 4 years of experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D preparing a variety of site plans, land surveys, and topographic maps
- Ability to prepare calculations for storm drain, water systems, and develop earth quantities
- Ability to prepare grading, utility, and roadway plans
- Ability to follow and apply CAD standards
Civil Design Engineer Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Design Engineer Pay Range:
$50,000-$70,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.