Harris Kocher Smith is looking for a highly motivated, responsible individual to work on civil land development projects in our Fort Worth office. As an entry level design engineer you will perform general civil engineering tasks supporting project managers and engineers in a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere. You must have an aptitude for new software programs as you will be introduced to and expected to quickly learn AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Civil Design Engineer Essential Functions and Duties
- Assist project engineers with calculations and entry level civil engineering design
- Assist with the development of plans, specifications, and reports as needed
- Research local design standards
Civil Design Engineer Requirements
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- Possess or working towards the “Engineer-In-Training” certification
Civil Design Engineer Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to quickly learn AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Reliable, professional, and willing to learn
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.