About This Job
You will assist project managers and project engineers in a fast-paced environment with land development engineering projects. Candidates will be required to research local design standards as well as prepare engineering documents. The position requires the design of site grading, roadways, stormwater handling features, utility improvements /pipe networks, cross-sections and profiles, and will encompass CAD work such as generating plan sets. To be a contender you will need strong technical skills with the proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, engineering directives, and other data, according to client specifications
- Produce engineering plan sets and submit documentation packages while following standard operating procedures
- Quality checks all work and work of other designers to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided to engineers
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with a variety of roadway design, utility design, municipal, and site development projects
- Ability to follow and apply CAD standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Employee Wellness Program
$60,000 – $80,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.