About This Job
We are looking for an experienced Project Accountant to assist with the entry and billing of professional engineering, surveying and utility services projects in the Denver area. As a Project Accountant, you will work with closely with Project Managers to manage and maintain project budgets and create accurate, timely invoices. Successful candidates need not have specific industry experience, but must have 2-3 of experience as a project accountant.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to project entry and invoicing
- Manage billing portfolios for projects including subconsultant invoices and supporting documents
- Manage and maintain project budget information
- Entry of invoices into client-managed billing software systems
- Entry and maintenance of data into Excel-based business and financial reports
- Provide administrative assistance to Department Manager as needed, including entering payables, filing, answering phones, etc.
- 2-3 years of experience as a project accountant
- Pass *pre-employment* background check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Familiar with basic accounting concepts
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Data entry
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and Ajera a plus
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Project Accountant Pay Range:
$28-32 per hour
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.