Harris Kocher Smith provides a variety of utility services, including utility coordination, utility locating, non-destructive vacuum excavation (utility potholing) and Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) for a diverse group of public and private clients. Specific services include:
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)
- Utility Locating
- Vacuum Excavation
- Utility Coordination
SUE is a field of engineering involving utility damage prevention applying existing utility investigation, locating and mapping (at appropriate quality levels), with utility design, coordination and assessment.
- Quality levels A, B, C and D
- Right-of-way management
- Engineered utility plan and profile drawings
- Conflict analysis
Utility locating includes identification and marking of existing underground utilities by investigation and geophysical locating methods.
- Design locates
- Private and public locates
Vacuum Excavation is a non-destructive method of excavation utilizing pressurized water and/or air to loosen soil and a high-flow vacuum system to remove the material.
- Utility potholing
- Storm drain cleanouts
- Hydro trenching
- Valve cleanouts
- Due Diligence
- Will serve letters, capacity checks, written analysis reports
- Utility Design Coordination
- Application for service, exception submittals, cost analysis of contracts
- Pre-con meetings, schedule maintenance, CTs and meter housing, meter sets