About This Job
As a Traffic/Transportation Project Engineer, you will assist Project Managers with public and private projects in the Denver Metropolitan Area. Candidates will be required to research local design standards and prepare engineering studies and construction documents. 2-5 years of experience in roadway design, traffic engineering (including traffic signal design and preparation of traffic impact studies), utility design and coordination, and construction document preparation is required.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Coordinate and prepare traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrant analysis, traffic signal design, construction phasing and traffic control plans, signing and pavement marking plans and geometric design
- Under general supervision, develop designs and engineering reports from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, engineering directives, and other data, according to client and agency specifications
- Produce construction documents including plans, specifications, opinions of probable costs and associated studies and reports
- General supervision of engineering technicians
- Assure quality in all deliverable documents prior to their submission
- 2-5 years of experience in traffic signal design and traffic study coordination
- 2-5 years of experience in roadway design, utility design and coordination and construction document preparation
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- EI or PE certification required
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation, Synchro/Sim Traffic
- Familiar with transportation/traffic design standards including MUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Green Book, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, CDOT Design Guide, CDOT M&S Standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package for full time employees including; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and vacation/sick/holiday pay. We encourage a collaborative environment with opportunities for each employee to learn and grow.